Pages

Monday, May 18, 2015

Paper Smooches Love!


Hi everyone! I have a crush on Paper Smooches stamps.... I have been a blog follower for a while and  while I don't own any of the adorable images (yet!) I covet them everyday. However, Kim offers free digi stamps that are super cute and charming and I downloaded every single one to create with!


During our many trips to Mexico, pottery painting was offered at the resort where we stayed. My kids and I would sit for a few hours and happily paint our little pottery pieces. Miraculously, when we would pick up our pottery, they had been transformed into these beautiful and artistic pieces with extra brush strokes and embellishments! When I first spied this sweet birdie, I immediately envisioned those pottery pieces and wanted to re-create some Mexican bird art! And so this bright and colorful birdie banner was born!


I colored each bird in a vibrant hue and then added in my own extra 'brushstrokes' using white and black Uniball Signo pens. Doodling is always so much fun!





In between the birds, I added in a sweet little cluster of digi flowers, also in happy colors. I topped off the center of the cluster with shiny sequins!

The delightful sentiment for this banner was cut into a tag and adorned with single blooms and tied into the center of the banner. This way I can actually fold the banner in half and use it as a gift topper too!



I also wanted to create a card with one of the digi images and this smiling sun was the perfect choice! I created a background of mini suns and topped that off with a larger sun image that is colored in happy yellows and pinks. I added in some raspberry lemonade twine and some pretty sequins for shine!


I had such a fun time creating with these adorable images that I figure a PS purchase won't be too far off! Darn, more stamps to add to my collection!  :)


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Paper Smooches digital images
Cartwright sequins
Darice hemp cord
Twine from Target
Copic Markers


2 comments:

  1. OMG, what a great project!! The colors are fantastic, and I love the birds!! The card in pink and yellow is so sweet and happy! Really great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOWOW!! I Love this idea!! AMAZING Colors and Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...