Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mixed Patterns!


Hi everyone! I admire pattern and design mixing! It's always interesting and keeps the eye moving and finding different things! I tend to be a matchy matchy person with my own personal style but love to do this technique with my paper crafting.


These two cards were created for Papertrey Ink's MIM challenge #206 of stamping and mixing patterns. I didn't get too crazy with color choices and florals always look great combined with stripes and dots.


For the first card, I stacked the patterns in a vertical arrangement and showcased the largest of the stamped patterns. An additional design of chevrons was added with the sentiment tag.


This card has a blocked design and shows off more of the delicate flowers and bold chevrons.  I added in some big flower die cuts to draw the eye in and to help remind me that warmer weather is on the way despite the snow we are experiencing as I write this:(


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
My Mind's eye 'Collectable' enamel dots
American Crafts card stock-navy, yellow

5 comments:

  1. completely smitten, Tara. Love everything on your gorgeous cards, especially the colors! No wait, the patterns are my favorite. Colors, patterns, all perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Tara! Love the patterned papers you created for this challenge and the way you put them together in your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How beautifully you put together you created papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the colors and patterns you used!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...