Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Doodled Butterflies!



Hi everyone! Who is ready for Spring?!! I know I am! I just returned home from a gorgeous tropical vacation to more snow and with a nasty cold to boot! Boo hoo... What better way to feel better than to create some beautiful Spring colored cards!


Papertrey Ink is having a very fun challenge this week for their MIM #203! It's all about doodling! I had to join in for sure but kept my cards super simple since I can only do so much before the above mentioned cold wears me out and I have to lay down. In fact, I used only one stamp set for these cards and let the doodles do the talking!



These butterflies were stamped with the Beautiful Butterflies set in distress ink and then muddled over with a watercolor pen. The images are still very defined and bright in color but the doodles make them a bit more carefree. I also doodled around the sentiment and around the coordinating pastel sequins.


I wanted more of a watercolor effect with the second card so I watered down the distress ink first before stamping onto my Bristol paper. The doodling on this card gives the butterflies their pretty shapes! I really enjoyed the doodling around the edges too!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Bristol smooth surface paper
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Picked Raspberry, Salty Ocean, Mustard Seed, Seedless Preserves
Cartwright Sequins
Copic Multiliner pen
Stampin' Up scallop border punch

3 comments:

  1. Love the watercolor look!! These turned out gorgeous!! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These cards are amazing! Love your doodling! You must be very artistic to achieve these results. Thanks for the reminder that spring really will come soon (as I watch 6-10" of snow falling outside today!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both fabulous! Love your doodles on these butterflies.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...