Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Confetti Cards!


Hi everyone! There is a super fun challenge this week for the Make It Monday #205 at Papertrey Ink! It's all about confetti and confetti = happy, so I had to join in! 

Confetti Cluster stamping is the technique featured and while I did use the technique, my cards are more single layer and more monochromatic but still gorgeous! I wanted to NOT use a standard shape for my images so I hand drew a sunflower on the card front and filled it in with tiny stamps!


This is the first card I created to really mimic the sunflower and I used a different tiny stamp for each petal. There were pencil lines outlining each petal and I worried it would look like one big blob once they were erased. I was so very pleasantly surprised to get a definite flower and I think this is my favorite card of the two! I loosely threaded some sweet gingham ribbon and added a tag too!


Since I was worried about the flower shape of the first card, I changed up and used two different colors of ink for the second. I also gave it a bright center for a more summery feel. The  pretty cluster of embellishments at the top are layered over some clear chevron acetate and this one features a smaller tag!


Thanks for checking out my blog! Bee Happy!!

Supplies Used:
Allison Kreft Chevron Overlay
The Paper Studio Ribbon Punch
Craft Store Kraft paper and twine
My Mind's Eye 'Collectible' enamel dots
Prima 'All Star' Sugardot stickers

6 comments:

  1. These are so bright and happy!! Gorgeous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressed & great adaptation to this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous, Tara! So bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards! I like the "happy" colors! Great job with this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, each card is so uniquely beautiful. Your hand drawn flowers are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...